Lover of nature, color, art, life, adventure. Choosing to find beauty. I hope you can find inspiration and joy while you're here.

7.06.2014

Painted Block How-To

So, I've been digging on these decorative wooden blocks lately:


They're super easy to make, so get out these supplies and follow along, if you'd like to make your own:


-wooden blocks
-washi tape (I know! So many uses!)
-scissors
-acrylic paint
-paintbrush

First, tape off the design you'd like to paint. I just can't get enough of simple geometric shapes still, so a quick kitty-corner tape-off did the trick for me:


I keep my corners nice and sharp by trimming the washi tape with scissors instead of just ripping it:


Next, paint on your color. You just need to make sure the color of paint you use looks good with the wood color, but whatevs. I don't really know of any color that doesn't look good with wood, so you're probably safe with anything:


I paint one side at a time and make sure there are no drips or gathering paint blobs, especially along the edges:


Then, once all the sides are painted, remove washi tape. The paint may still be wet, which is totally fine:


I set that sucker aside to dry for a few minutes before handling it. That's the hardest part for me, the waiting:


Ta-dum! Super sexy accents for your home or office. Now that's classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment