Lover of nature, color, art, life, adventure. Choosing to find beauty. I hope you can find inspiration and joy while you're here.

4.09.2015

Valley of Fire


The Valley of Fire just outside of Overton, Nevada, is one of my favorite places in the world! We had a chance to explore and enjoy the red rocks and blue sky:








Every time I go there, I'm impressed at the hardiness of the ancient desert dwellers who carved beautiful petroglyphs in the rock. Everything in the desert exudes resilience and patience from the rock formations carved over time to the little plants anchoring themselves on a rocky cliff. All the desert people I know, too, are full of fortitude and see life realistically yet enjoy it nonetheless without feeling the need to be showy. I feel very comfortable and at home in the desert.

Desert beauty isn't for everyone, I understand, but have you experienced anything breathtaking in a desert lately? What does the desert remind you of?

No comments:

Post a Comment